Our Taliesin Mk2 has had a complete redesign and detailing overhaul to bring the model up to our current production standards and improving prototypical accuracy.
Taliesin is the third loco to be named as such on the Ffestiniog railway. This 0-4-4T steam locomotive was built in 1999 and was the fifth engine to be built at the Boston Lodge Works. A popular engine with engine crews and the public alike, this loco is still in service today on the Ffestioniog and Welsh Highland Railway.
Technical specifications for 'Taliesin'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FA’ type burner.
- Inside framed 0-4-0 chassis with Roundhouse Internal Walschaerts valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 360mm over buffers, Width 110mm, Height 130mm, Weight 3.9 Kg.
- Full radio control for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- Available in 32mm or 45mm
- Optional insulated wheels available
- Minimum radius 2'6".
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.