'Russell' is based on the well known 2-6-2 tank locomotive still running today on the Welsh Highland Railway in North Wales. Built by The Hunslet Engine Co. Ltd. of Leeds in 1906, it has undergone a number of changes over the years and the model depicts it as running in the early 1920's and as it currently appears.
Technical specifications for 'Russell'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- 2-6-2 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :- length 358mm over buffers, width 115mm, height 150mm, weight 4.2 Kg.
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Available with insulated wheels.
- Supplied with etched brass works plates.
- Minimum radius 2'6".
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.