Katie is of typical narrow gauge saddle tank locomotive design. Though not a model of any particular engine, she draws inspiration and features from a number of famous builders like Hunslet, Bagnall and Pecket etc. This really is a locomotive that will look at home on any railway around the world.
Technical specifications for 'Katie'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- 0-4-0 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :- length 280mm over buffers, width 125mm, height 155mm, weight 2.9 Kg (with r/c).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Available with insulated wheels.
- Minimum radius 2'.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.