Based on a design by Arthur Koppel and found in large numbers throughout Europe, locomotives were also built to this design by Andrew Barclay in Scotland and found on narrow gauge lines around the British Isles.
This really is a locomotive that will look at home on any railway around the world.
Technical specifications for 'Billy'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- 0-4-0 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Controls fitted as standard are : steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are : length 280mm over buffers, width 125mm, height 165mm, weight 2.9Kg (with r/c).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Also available with insulated wheels.
- Minimum radius 2'.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.