A prototypical reproduction of Palmerston as it is preserved today. The loco will also be supplied with nameplates for the other Small England locos, Prince and Princess, as these locos passed through similar configurations during the 1920s. This loco will only be available in 32mm gauge. Orders are being taken from the 1st January 2021
Built in 1863, and rebuilt a number of times down the years, Palmerston was one of the Ffestiniog Railway's original locomotives. Palmerston was in continuous use up till the mid 1930s before being considered beyond restoration. A private group of engineers bought the loco in 1974 and after a complete overhaul it was returned to service on the FR in 1993.
Technical specifications for Small England - 'Palmerston'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FA’ type burner.
- Inside framed 0-4-0 chassis with Roundhouse Internal Walschaerts valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer as standard.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 355mm over buffers, Width 89mm, and Height 124.5mm.
- Available with R/C, full control for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- Also available with manual control.
- Available in 32mm only
- Insulated wheels available at additional cost.
- Minimum radius 2'6".