'Merseysider' is a 0-4-0 diesel electric locomotive built in 1964 by Ruston & Hornsby for the the Park Gate steelworks in Rotherham. It was acquired by the Talyllyn Railway in 1969 and used up until 2016. It operated under loco number No.8 during it's time on the Talyllyn Railway.
Technical specifications for 'Merseysider'.
- Length over buffers: 229.50mm
- Width: 91.50mm
- Height from railhead: 132.50mm
- Sealed 6 NiMh AA cells (7.2 volts)
- Available with optional sound system featuring engine sound and horn at extra cost.
- Working headlights
- 2.4GHz radio control as standard
- Smart charger
- Worm gear drive
- Chain drive to rear axle
- Regaugable between 32mm and 45mm
- 4 Axle bearings
- Removable roof
- On/off switch situated in cab
- Onboard charging port
- Glazed cab windows
- Comes with both prototypical buffers and Roundhouse center buffers to be fitted at customer discretion.
- Minimum radius 2'.
- Available in any standard color
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.